To have a video chat appointment you must have a mobile device (phone or tablet) and the mobile app downloaded to the device. Once it is downloaded, prepare for your appointment and enjoy!
Preparing for Your Appointment
To make the most of your virtual appointment, please have the following live video essentials:
A strong, private Internet connection
Don’t get disconnected! Although we provide the highest quality video network, it is only as strong as the endpoints. Please do not use free Wi-Fi networks because they are not secure or reliable. Connect to a strong and private network at your home or office.
Clear audio without background noise
The quality of your audio will make or break the success of your appointment. Just like an in-person appointment, a quiet place to meet is ideal. Background noise will distract you and the Expert from your conversation. If you cannot avoid background noise, please use a noise-cancelling microphone.
If the Expert can’t see you, they can’t help you! This is not your average video call with a friend. Ensure that your environment is brightly lit so the Expert has a clear view of you and any items you bring with you.
In addition to the basics, there may be items or information that your Expert will want you to bring to the appointment. Below are a few examples, but please check your Expert’s profile for specific pre-appointment instructions.
- An idea of what you are hoping to accomplish by meeting with a fashion Expert
- Your sizing and measurements that include your height, weight, shirt and pant size, pant length, dress size, bra size, and shoe size
- Your current wardrobe, jewelry, shoes and accessories
- Background on your clothing habits
MAKEUP OR SKIN CARE APPOINTMENTS
- An idea of what you are hoping to accomplish by meeting with a skin care or makeup Expert
- Clean skin without any product on it
- The skin care or makeup products you currently use such as facial cleanser, daily moisturizer, under-eye cream, toner, masks, foundation, concealer, etc.
- Makeup and skin care products you may need for a step-by-step lesson
- Makeup remover or a cleansing cloth for use during the appointment
- Background on your skin care and makeup experience
HAIR STYLING APPOINTMENTS
- An idea of what are you hoping to accomplish by meeting with a hair Expert
- Clean hair without any product in it
- The current hair products you use such as shampoo, conditioner, straightening serum, deep conditioning mask, etc.
- The equipment that you currently use such as brushes, hair dryer, curlers, flat irons, etc.
- Background on your hair styling and hair care experience